The best way for children to develop their senses is through active participation – moving, running, climbing and jumping through the world around them and learning to process sensory input in a way in which their bodies move through space in the process. Sensory Playground equipment provides this.
Playground equipment is ultimately vital in encouraging the interpretation of this sensory information and the development of social skills, imagination and physical development from an early age. Keep reading to discover how and why you can improve child development through the use of expertly designed sensory playground equipment:
Create a Varied E
The importance of choice and possibility is something which we understand to be vital in child development. Creating a varied playground equipment environment is crucial in playing with our children’s’ senses and teaching them to process, organise and filter sensory input and respond to this accordingly. Having a choice in sensory play best facilitates a child’s understanding of the best way to manage their emotional responses to the sensory experience and get used to the functionality of their own bodies.
Through being given the chance to play and learn freely, through a varied sensory playground environment, children are afforded the choice to develop motor skills and learn social skills equally in a safe and exciting environment.
This understanding of the importance of choice is why we are so passionate about creating bespoke playground equipment that meets the personalised needs of you and your children – no matter what shape and size. Red Monkey Play are at hand to work alongside you to best facilitate a fun environment for learning with the right sensory playground equipment. There are various elements of designs for you to consider, including:
Role Play: A child’s imagination is endless. Dens and shelters may be transformed into a shop, house or nursery, or maybe even a quiet place to chill out and relax. Through crafting a varied environment we can best facilitate a child’s ability to role-play their own games and situations.
Resembling something straight from The Shire, our Explorer House is one example of the wonderful and enchanting environments we offer for children to learn and play in amongst safe surrounding – fully equipped with a grass roof and viewing panel.
- Furniture: We never forget that the playground is not just a place for active play and learning, but also a safe haven for children to relax, make friends and develop. Wooden benches and seating areas are a vital element to facilitate the development of social skills, giving children an area to read and improve their literacy skills and provide a calm environment for lifelong friendships to blossom.
Our wooden seating arrangement provided for Service Master at this popular shopping centre in Nottingham is one example our ability to create safe, social, fun environments within any space which we are asked to.
- Nature: The visual appearance of your playground design is vital in promoting natural play and learning. Implementing natural elements into our sensory playground equipment is thus a reflection of our own love for the world around us. Maintaining a natural theme throughout the playground lets your children connect more with nature, learn about their environment and incorporate this into their role-play activities. Wooden playground equipment will fit perfectly into a natural woodland area with sand, wood chips, rocks and trails.
When your children engage in role play games, it is important they can fully immerse themselves into their surroundings and learn to value and respect our natural world. Wooden pirate ships are one of our favourite wooden role play features that give children the freedom to let their imaginations run free. Combining active storytelling with nature allows children to learn about their surroundings and environment from a young age.
- Sensory: Creating a tactile and visually striking world of play and learning is the best way to get your children to immerse themselves within their own development a range of sensory playground equipment. Water, sand and good old fashioned mud all lie in wait to be explored, with a whole range of textures to be discovered and colour patterns to be seen.
Our Interactive Water Wall is a prime example of the unique sensory experience we offer through our expertly designed playground equipment – a completely customisable combination of mesh and wood, interchangeable with interactive chutes, waterways, water pulley systems and tactile discovery tables.
- Physical Development: The best sensory playground equipment understands the importance of safety whilst equally giving kids the best opportunity to do what they do best – be kids! That’s why our environments allow children to run, jump, climb, crawl and play through their world and offer physical challenges which develop coordination and balance skills through interactive social play.
An exciting adventure always awaits with The Falcon Island Challenge, fully equipped with platform heights, ropes and nettings to promote physical and motor skill development and enable children to become budding young athletes
- The Arts: Promoting a love for the arts is not just something which should begin and end in the classroom or at home. Drawing, exploring and making music helps children learn how to creatively express themselves and provides an alternative sensory playground environment to the more physical playground equipment – as we understand that every child is unique and different and therefore there interests are as well. Children of every age can enjoy arts equipment which stimulates their understanding of self-expression and promotes a variety of skills related to communication, creativity and critical thinking.
We at Red Monkey Play pride ourselves in crafting unique and engaging sensory playground equipment and environments for children which are vital in developing crucial skills, encouraging learning and reaching goals. With imagination at the heart of everything, we have been capturing the imagination and attention of school children for over 20 years – whilst always maintaining the use of safe and environmentally friendly playground equipment.
We work with schools and nurseries across the UK to create stunning bespoke playgrounds – and we’d love to work with you too. Discover more and explore our wide range of sensory playground equipment: get in touch today to find out how we can restore the fun into your playground.